Qubercomm is a US based WiFi software company founded in September 2015 with offices in San Jose, CA and Chennai, India. Founded by ex-Qualcomm Atheros employees, Qubercomm team has over a 100 years of collective network and wireless experience.
Qubercomm’s NMesh is an innovative mesh overlay platform that not only dynamically adapts to network conditions, but also adapts to the applications using the network to optimize goodput and provide a predictable and stable consumer experience for retail and carrier smart home networks. Every ISP, access point vendor and client platform vendor can leverage NMesh to offer a differentiated customer experience. Key features include:
- Standards based, software-only solution
- WiFi mesh protocol agnostic: supports 802.11s, EasyMesh, WDS, IBSS
- Chipset vendor agnostic
- Enables hetrogenous network of different access points
- Enables hetrogenous network of access points and wired links in the network
- Multi-radio support for WiFi, BLE & Zigbee, including cross radio bridging
- High throughput: up to 10X higher than open source 802.11s
- Low latency
- Low power consumption, enabling battery-operated mobile nodes
- Includes user & application metrics in decisions
- Enables any wireless device to be a mesh node
- Field upgradeable for launched products
NMesh is driven by Qubercomm’s unique Adaptive Network Intelligence (ANI) technology, which uses AI/ML algorithms to provide an optimal consumer experience. Key elements include:
- Dynamic Mesh Path Selection: based on end-to-end performance rather than hop-to-hop; includes system and application metrics as well as wireless metrics.
- Dynamic Channel Selection: adapts to channel congestion at run time to maintain optimum user experience.
- Network Balancing: maintains consistent client connectivity and throughput to meet client requirements. Offers improved throughput and better user experience through path selection, client steering and load balancing.
- Application Based Tuning: ability to optimize for either throughput or latency provides better user experience.